Monday, September 21, 2009
Welcome White Wednesday and Fall Party
I am honored to accept the Honest Scrap Award from Queen Bee !
Thank you so much, if you haven't visited her blog please do so - she is fairly new to blogland, as I am, and she has an awesome site and is such a sweetheart...
So for any of you that isn't familiar with this award;
I have to be totally honest about 10 things you might not know about me and then I pass the award to 7 bloggy friends that have influenced or helped me. They take the award and in turn tell 10 honest things about themselves and pass the award on to 7 etc...
So here goes:
1. I am an artist and preachers daughter - and have 1 sister and 1 brother.
2. I lost one of my brothers to a hunting accident when he was 18 years old,
3. I have been married 3 times and my husband and I have been married going on 20 years.
4. I have 6 children - I had 3 of them by the time I was 21 years old.
5. I hate water... don't like to drink it or swim in it.
6. I have gained 30 lbs in the last 2 years due to a thyroid problem and I hate it!
7. I dislike rainy days and love the sunshine.
8. My husband does the cooking - I quit after 6 kids and 30 years of it.
9. My favorite show is "Lost", other than that I am not a tv person.
Last but not least
10. I was fortunate to have been raised in the knowledge of the Lord and have known Him all my life.
I just want to say thank you for all your wonderful comments and encouragements these past months that I have met all of you wonderful blogging friends. It has been truly an honor to have met all of you and call you friends.
And now for the 7 wonderful bloggers who I think we should all get to know better and receive this award. It is up to you what you want to do with it, if you can't accept it--I understand --no problem otherwise here goes:
This award goes to those who have been such a support and a lovely influence on my blog:
My Desert Cottage
Wizard Of Once Was
Verbena Nested Treasures
Tapestries Of Nature
Please visit these blogs they are all wonderful from their pictures to their interesting posts.
Welcome to White Wednesday hosted by Kathleen at Faded Charm be sure to visit her blog for more wonderful whites today!
I am cheating today and combining yesterdays Fall Party with today's White Wednesday. I have been busy at the shop bringing in Halloween and time is getting away from me. I will be posting Halloween later in the week.
Welcome to the Fall Party...
hosted by Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses
Please stop by her blog to see a fabulous fall display.
My favorite time of year is Fall... although this year it is coming so fast, I don't know where the summer went...
I love the white pumpkins - they fit my color scheme much better than the orange so I try to decorate more in the neutral tones. The browns, rusts and creamy whites are more to my taste. It is a little early for white pumpkins around here but they are becoming available more this week and I will be getting more in the shop.
Some of my projects for fall...
I made these white vintage fabric pumpkins out of vintage lace and trims
Thanks so much for stopping by I always appreciate hearing from you and thank you Rhondi for a great party, I hope all of you have a great week.